September 30, 2015
Pekanbaru, Ekuatorial – Riau Police investigated 16 Industrial Timber Estate/Plantation (HTI) companies indicated as forest-burner.
Here’s the list:
1. PT Siak Raya Timber (Kampar)
2. PT Perawang Sukses Perkasa Industri (Kampar)
3. PT Riau Jaya Utama (Kampar)
4. PT Alam Sari Lestari (Inhu)
5. PT Bukit Raya Pelalawan (Pelalawan)
6. PT Pusaka Bumi Mega Nusantara (Pelalawan)
7. PT Parawira (Pelalawan)
8. PT Sumatera Riang Lestari (Inhil)
9. PT Bina Duta Laksana (Inhil)
10. PT Rimba Lazuardi (Kuansing)
11. PT Bina Langgam Jaya (Pelalawan)
12. PT Palm United (Bengkalis)
13. PT Suntara Gajah Pati (Dumai)
14. PT Dexter Timber Perkasa (Rohil)
15. PT Ruas Utama Jaya (Rohil)
16. PT Wana Subur Sawit (Siak)
“There are 16 companies in the investigation process. These companies from various regencies and cities in Riau. The investigation was conducted in each resort police,” said Ekuatorial’s source in Riau Police.
Until now only PT Inti Hibrindo Langgam already as suspect. Meanwhile, 16 companies are still under investigation because police not yet examine the expert witness.
Meanwhile, Head of the Riau Police spokesman, Superintendent Guntur Aryo Tejo SIK, revealed that between January and September 28, 2015, the Riau Police received 68 reports related to the case of forest fires. A total of 51 are individual reports and 17 are corporation reports. “The number of suspects up to 68 people and one corporation,” said Guntur.
From all cases, Law Enforcement Team (Gakum) – Land and Forest Firefighting (Karlahut) team found total land area burned reached 3108.33 hectares. The impact of forest and land fires that occurred in several areas in Sumatra causing air quality in Riau to deteriorate.
Last week, the Air Pollution Standard Index at the dangerous level. As a result, school activities that re-started on Monday last week, re-closed until today. Holiday due to this haze has been carried out since September 2.
Data from the Riau Provincial Health Office said that the number of patients with Upper Respiratory Infection (URI) in Riau until September 28, 2015 has reached 35.972 people.
“Patients because of haze, such as ISPA (35.972 people), asthma (1.627), eyes irritation (2.131), skin irritation (2.815) and pneumonia (638 people),” said Chief of Riau Medical Officer,” Andra Syafri. Winahyu Dwi Utami